Supporting, Strengthening, Projecting and Branding Ghana's Historical/Heritage Tourism through the tremendous Emotional, International, Domestic and Social Appeal of the Six Iconic Personalities of Ghana's Independence Struggle
(Staged Annually to Herald Ghana's Independence Day Celebration)
From left to rights: Heroes of Ghana’s Independence Struggle "the Big Six"
Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, Mr. Emmanuel Obetsebi-Lamptey, Dr. Ebenezer Ako-Adjei, Dr. Edward Akuffo-Addo, Dr. J. B. Danquah, Mr. William Ofori Atta
THE WAIT IS OVER!
Finally, a Ghana/African History and Heritage Festival is Here!
Add this epic event to your travel bucket list, make a personal history and get yourself into the history hall of fame!
Annually to Herald Ghana's Independence Day Celebration
28TH February - 5TH March (maiden edition 2019)
"From our ancestors adventurous migration to this unique piece of land on the west coast of Africa located at the center of the earth and on the Greenwich meridian, settlement, formation of various intrinsically intertwined communities, towns, villages, ethic groupings, clans and family lineages, establishment of intricate native and traditional systems of administration, power, authorities and governance, institution of intriguing indigenous religious, cultural and traditional beliefs, practices, customs and norms.
That very first arrival of Prince Henry the navigator and his explorer crew (1471), transatlantic slave trade, colonial rule, struggle for independence, attainment of independence and contemporary Ghana, spectacular monuments, edifices, sites, attractions, landmarks of conscience and anything in-between.
The BIG SIX (B6) FESTIVAL provides a formidable platform for a week of authentic and explosive history, heritage, culture, arts, education, music, folklore, entertainment, leisure, recreation and sports activities and experiences that serves as a prelude to Ghana's independence day celebration".
Host City (regional rotation under consideration)
Accra (and other regional centers)
- To illuminate Ghana's historical antecedents, contribute to the broadening of independence day celebration activities duration, depth, scope and range, all key factors in every tourist, visitor and travel decision making processes and will assist to elevate international tourist interest in Ghana’s independence day celebration through improved tourist and/or visitor experiences and activities which can have significant snowball effects of increasing tourists or visitors, visitor length of stay and spending
- To celebrate the life, work and achievement of these illustrious sons of Ghana as a means of stimulating a new wave of consciousness, patriotism and reawakening in the youth by drawing lessons from the past to redouble their energies and effort towards the social, cultural, economic and political development of Ghana as a token for the enormous sacrifices made by the BIG SIX (B6) and other countless individuals who are the unsung heroes for the attainment of independence. Equally, the festival seek to bring to the limelight, the Ex-servicemen who lost their lives and the incident which broke the camel’s back for increased agitation and eventual independence of Ghana
- To position and carve a strong and formidable niche for Ghana on the international heritage/historical tourism market and thereby enhance Ghana’s tourism image internationally through the nostalgic and emotional experiences and attachments to the antecedents of pre-independence Ghana and Africa as well as the imagery and fond memories of the BIG SIX (B6) in Ghana and internationally particularly, that of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah who was voted the African Personality of the millennium
- Strive to create a craving and interest of the youth in Ghana's history, reinvigorate, reignite and elevate Pan-Africanism, the African personality and identity, crave international attention and recognition for Ghana, especially from Africans in the diaspora regarding the immerse contributions made by Ghana and for that matter, the first President, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah in the struggle and effort to bring down the curtains of imperialism and colonial rule on the continent of Africa and elsewhere in the world
- To provide educational and sensitization platform that will facilitate building knowledge, making of informed decisions relative to Ghana’s pre-colonial history/heritage, colonial past, transatlantic slave trade and as well as social, cultural, economic, democratic and political development. Additionally, the BIG SIX (B6) FESTIVAL will hopefully, serve as the annual converging point for African and International political luminaries, students of geopolitical science, international relations, diplomacy, development, peace and security where future leaders will emerge for mentorship and grooming
- To serve as the driving force for achieving and maintaining a paradigm shift towards the establishment of strong foundations for building a passionate, confident, team spirited and highly patriotic and selfless generation of future leaders within all fields of human endeavor specifically targeting females and the girl child and as well as to facilitate building of political bridges between the diverse political groups within Ghana thereby helping to enhance democratic institutions and development
- To serve as the catalyst for a tourism policy formulation paradigm shift towards an ambitious and vigorous arts and cultural tourism promotion in Ghana to generate the desired tourist visitation to Ghana with the ultimate goal to create social, economic development, sustainable employment and incomes for the people and government through sustainable tourism, whilst promoting and showcasing the depth of Ghana’s diverse culture, arts, traditions, lifestyles, music, folklore, history and heritage, wildlife, Eco and marine systems, biodiversity, natural resources, flora and fauna, extreme and legendary hospitality on the international stage
- Domestic and International tourists
- History enthusiasts, followers and lovers
- Local authorities, traditional rulers, councils, chiefs and queen mothers
- Educational institutions, academics, professional organizations and institutions
- Diplomatic missions, diplomats, dignitaries, celebrities and high profile personalities
- Authentic history, culture, arts, education, music, folklore, entertainment, leisure, recreation and sports lovers
- Domestic and international historians, academicians, experts, media, artists, public influencers, educational institutions and professional networks
- Enthusiasts, followers and students of especially international affairs, relations, diplomacy, geopolitics, colonialism and the transatlantic slave trade
- Historical, culture, arts, festival, events and tourism ministries, agencies, departments, professionals, groups, institutions, organizations, businesses and service providers
- Everyone who have the passion for history, loves to have fun and be part of the movement to achieve and maintain intercultural, diversity and ethnic understanding, appreciation and friendliness that amplifies communal peaceful co-existence and respect for each other’s historical background, religion, culture, ethnicity and gender
The BIG SIX (B6) FESTIVAL promises to be the biggest, most innovative and creative history/heritage conservation, preservation and restoration event on Ghana's tourism calendar!
Here is a unique opportunity to leave your footprints on this spectacular event!
Domestic and international historians, academicians, researchers, experts, artists, media, public influencers, celebrities, educational institutions, events marketers and traditional rulers/councils, corporate, private and government institutions, organizations, ministries, agencies, departments, local authorities and volunteers are needed for strategic sponsorship, partnership and collaboration!
Contact us for any further details:
Francis +233 270 338 757
Michael +233 264 475 836
Kakraba +1 301 675 1358
The mystic stone which vehemently resisted several attempts of removal from its present natural location to pave way for the construction of a road in the 14th century