Capacity Building, Training and Sensitization Project for Indigenous and Grassroots Youth and Communities
(Supporting and Strengthening Youth Leadership, Business and Entrepreneurial Skills Acquisition, Grassroots Social, Intercultural Relations and Diversity Management Competence Development for Sustainable Development, Peace Building, Conflicts Mediation and Crisis Management through Non-Formal Education)
Global Inter-connectivity: solid platform for peace building and development
Health and Medical Volunteers: helping to create an impactful social and humanitarian good in Ghana
Truly Intercultural Learning: experiencing a typical everyday activity in the life of a Ghanaian rural female
- To facilitate study abroad, internship, volunteer, youth, international and/or cultural exchanges between Ghana and the rest of the world, amplify respect, acceptance and understanding among cultures, people and communities around the world, whilst executing initiatives that illuminates leveraging of gender, ethnic, social, cultural, religious and economic barriers, fundamental grassroots attitudinal and behavioral change within Ghana
- To serve as a catalyst for supporting, strengthening and promotion of Ghana's native and indigenous cultural heritage, ecological, wildlife and natural resources image and reputation on the international stage for a sustainable pro-poor or vulnerable tourism development
- To spearhead the quest for youth development and empowerment within the framework of peaceful co-existence, intercultural/social relations competences and diversity management skills development dynamics to provide the basis for supporting and strengthening communal peace building, conflict prevention, mediation and crisis management
- To support grassroots and indigenous youth through training and capacity building particularly in the field of tourism, travel and hospitality entrepreneurial, business and products development, management and marketing to become more resilient, resourceful and self-reliant by acquiring the rightful core competences, skills set, knowledge and experience needed to become relevant in Ghana’s socio-cultural, economic, political development and within their respective societies or communities
- To lobby and advocate for policies formulation paradigm shift towards authorities and decision makers assuming greater political capacity, mastery and commitment to addressing the socio-economic and cultural challenges confronting the youth especially females, children and people with reduced mobility
- To assist in building the confidence and self-esteem of the youth through mentorship, counseling, guidance, coaching, capacity building and training programs, which will then propel as well as facilitate entering and participating fully in any field of human endeavor with a lot more ease, whilst at the same time, mounting intensive public education and sensitization campaigns to change perceptions and attitudes relative to cultural, ethnic, religious and gender discrimination, uncomplimentary prejudices, stereotypes, glass ceilings and tokenism
We are of the firm believe that to be able to change the status quo regarding youth empowerment and development and to achieve and maintain a higher degree of innovative and creative youth for self-determination and advancement in general, requires a fundamental and radical change of mindsets, attitudes and perceptions at the grassroots level. This is based on the evidential factors alluded to in the problem analysis as the key drivers of the youth’s inability to meritoriously and efficaciously participate fully in socio-cultural, economic, governance, politics and leadership within Ghana.
Consequently, though the project focuses on all grassroots and indigenous youth at all levels of society, the strategic target audiences are the youth in all educational institutions within Ghana (High schools and Institutions of higher learning), poor, vulnerable, marginalized and deprived communities. Participants will be selected in collaboration with educational authorities, local authorities, traditional or community opinion leaders and solicitation for application through open advertisement. To ensure gender balance, equal opportunities will be given to all and provide incentives that will encourage females to participate. Kra Integrated Solutions Ltd (Krinsol Ecotours) intends to reach approximately five hundred (500) youth within the first year of project implementation.